If you are looking for a smart and loving dog that will be your buddy for life, look no further than the Bernedoodle. The Bernedoodle, also known as the Bernese Mountain Poo, is a mix between the intelligent Poodle breed and the hardworking and loyal Bernese Mountain Dog.
If you’re thinking of getting a Bernedoodle, this blog will help you determine if this dog is the right fit for you and your family.
While these dogs tend to be uniform in temperament and color, these hybrid dogs may have widely varying sizes and coat types.
How Big Do Bernedoodles Get?
The Bernedoodle comes in 2 different sizes. These hybrids can be miniature and standard sized.
The Miniature Bernedoodle is around 18 to 22 inches in height (46 to 56 kgs) and weighs 25 to 49 pounds (11 to 22 kgs), while the Standard size stands at 23 to 29 inches (58 to 74 cm) and can weigh anywhere from 70 to 90 pounds (32 to 41 kgs). Males are generally larger than females.
What Types do Bernedoodles Come In?
Bernedoodles come in various colors, including black, black & brown, black & white, or a tri-color mix of white, black and brown. Besides having different colors, Bernedoodles also come in various coat patterns, including Merle, Sable, Phantom, and Brindle.
- Tri-color Bernedoodle: It has black, rust, and white coloring.
- Merle Bernedoodle: Merle refers to a color combination in dogs’ coats. These are brown or black Bernedoodles with gray or reddish patches.
- Sable Bernedoodle: These Bernedoodles have black-tipped hairs on their coats, with no particular pattern.
- Brindle Bernedoodle: Brindle Berneddoodles often look like a dark sable due to their brownish-black coloring.
- Phantom Bernedoodle: These dogs have one primary color and then have ‘tips’ of another color. It can occur with any color combination.
- Phantom Tricolor Bernedoodle: They have tips of black, rust, and white coloring.
- Black and White Bernedoodle
How is Their Personality?
Loyal and playful, this breed makes an amusing and rewarding companion. Bernedoodles love being the center of attention and will probably follow you wherever you go. Depending on their size, they can have moderate to high energy levels.
Adopt a Bernedoodle at Bernedoodle Bliss
If you feel that the Bernedoodle is the furry baby your family needs, Get in touch with Bernedoodle Bliss, Arkansas’s most reputable breeders. At Bernedoodle Bliss, we have healthy and loving Bernedoodles for sale in Arkansas. Give us a call at (501) 230-0112, and we will be happy to help you through the whole adoption process.