Bernedoodles are a hybrid breed, a mix between a Bernese Mountain Dog and a Poodle. Bernedoodles are great companions. They are smart, loyal, playful, and sweet-natured puppies.
Well-bred Bernedoodles tend to blend the best attributes of the Bernese and Poodle. They are friendly, fun, goofy, and very social dogs. They’re good with children and the elderly and usually do well with other dogs. Unfortunately, poor breeding can negatively affect dogs’ health and temperament.
When looking for a new puppy, make sure that you choose a trusted, responsible breeder that keeps dogs happy and safe.
Look for a Reputable Bernedoodle Breeder
If you’ve decided that a Bernedoodle is the right puppy for you, you should ensure you pick a reputable breeder. Here are some of the things that you should expect from an ethical breeder:
- Reputable breeders provide references from previous customers and veterinarians.
- Responsible breeders care for every one of their puppies and will expect you to love and care for your puppy as well. A good breeder will ask you about your lifestyle, family, and the environment the puppy will grow up in.
- Your breeder should allow you to meet your puppy’s parents. This will give you an idea of how your puppy will look like when it gets older.
- A reputable breeder will have his pups health-tested and will have all health certificates available to share them with you.
- Good breeders will keep in touch with you even after you take the dog home. They will also make themselves available to answer any of your doubts.
The Adoption Process
Most breeders work with similar adoption processes.
1. Reserve Your Puppy
To reserve your puppy, your breeder will ask you to make a deposit.
2. Sign Health Guarantee
Then will sign a purchase contract before the puppies turn six weeks of age, and your breeder will add you to a waiting list.
3. Select your Puppy
Puppy selection occurs between 5 to 6 weeks of age. Your breeder will document pictures of the puppies at birth and every week after that. They can help you choose your puppy based on the looks and personality that you are looking for. In most breeders, the selection is made in the order of deposits received.
4. Pick Up Your Pup!
If the puppy is ready, you can take it home at eight weeks old. Your breeder will work closely with you to choose a convenient pick-up date and time.
Bernedoodle Bliss: Your Trusted Breeder
At Bernedoodle Bliss, we strive to be the best Bernedoodle breeder. If you’re looking for “Bernedoodles for sale” in Arkansas, we’re the ones you can count on. We work hard to provide families with puppies from outstanding breeding dogs with excellent health, temperament and looks.